[GSoC] Improve Toolbars: Weekly Report #1

Prashant Pandey prashant3.yishu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 10:15:27 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I am working on LibreOffice's UI part to improve toolbars. The work
commenced by the Conversion of sidebar panels to .ui definition, with the
help of glade.

Since I never dealt with 'Glade', my first on-hand experience started with
learning glade. In the mean time I could learn and prepare the designs for
some sidebars, Kendy <kendy at suse.cz> provided me a wonderful tutorial to
get started with the coding part too, which could empower me to opportunely
complete the sidebar conversions for the following panels:
NumberFormatPropertyPanel [1], CellAppearancePropertyPanel [2] and
PagePropertyPanel [3]. I am glad to announce that these changes have been
prosperously pushed to master in the first week.

On the present scale, we are finished with 'Calc' (on the part of .ui panel
conversions) and I am currently working on 'Writer'. Around 3 further
changes (for writer) are pushed to gerrit and the work is still in
progress. Hopefully I'll be done with all the required leftover sidebar
conversions, by the end of next week/weekend.

[1]
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=782adaed6342ceb798c52cff9c47a6dd8c1c2d72
[2]
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=637334cb6fdce9d5ee08f8c9fd9f964ccbb56403