LO /  Firebird DB Integration

Andres Gomez agomez at igalia.com
Mon Jun 24 02:23:54 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Thu, 2013-06-20 at 21:10 +0200, Javier Fernandez wrote:
> > I've finally managed to figure out how to get the install working -- the
> > driver now loads fine. For the moment however the following is needed
> > for things to work:
> >
> > FIREBIRD=./install/program/firebird
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$(LD_LIBRARY_PATH):./install/program/firebird/lib
> > ./install/program/soffice.bin --base
> >
> > I'm not entirely sure how to provide these paths within LO to avoid
> > having to prepend them yet.

Is this one of the reasons why the "firebird.conf" file is needed? Not
sure though, we may need that env variables, but also the config file.

Please, check:
http://firebird.1100200.n4.nabble.com/Firebird-as-backend-in-LibreOffice-td4633330.html

> > I'm also not entirely certain everything will work as expected yet
> > either -- I haven't found a definitive list of files which Firebird 2.5
> > requires in embedded mode -- if anything is missing it can be however
> > easily be added to the bottom of firebird/ExternalPackage_firebird.mk.
>
> Firebird embedded only requires the libfbembed.so library, just that.

That's not correct. The driver may work just with that file but others
are needed in order to have, for example, support for international
charsets.

Please, check:
http://firebird.1100200.n4.nabble.com/Firebird-as-backend-in-LibreOffice-td4633330.html

Br.