SVX ID collision

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Jun 24 05:11:48 PDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-06-23 at 14:21 +0200, Tomaž Vajngerl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed we renumbered the ID's in "include/svx/svxids.hrc" but this
> is causing problems for the toolbar/popup menu icon (it is not drawn)
> and functionality for left graphic rotation (SID_ROTATE_GRAPHIC_LEFT
> which is defined as [1]). I noticed that the same ID (SID_SVX_START
> +1121) is added to [2] which is in "include/editeng/editids.hrc". I
> think that this two IDs are colliding in some way because if I change
> the number to something else, rotate left icon is drawn again
> correctly. Now the question is what to do about this.. I could just
> relocate the ID for SID_ROTATE_GRAPHIC_LEFT and be done, but we might
> have more problems because of this. Can someone take a look at this?
>
> I also noticed that SID_SVX_START offset is also used by
> "include/sfx2/sfxsids.hrc" and some more files, which could also cause
> collisions and problems.

Yeah, its an awesome mess, the SID_SVX_START block got split up over
three hrc files and it's now super easy to collide ids. I'll add some
comments to the three to suggest only adding new SID_SVX_START entries
to the svx one and when adding a new one to svx check that it's not
already taken by the other two. And then move the three post-svx-split
new editeng entries out of the SID_SVX_START block to the new
post-svx-split SID_EDIT_START block instead. That should presumably fix
the problem.

C.