LO /  Firebird DB Integration

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Fri Jun 28 04:02:51 PDT 2013

On 26/06/13 09:28, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 21:34 +0100, Andrzej J. R. Hunt wrote:
>> I've been trying both avenues: trying to hack the make based system
> 	Thanks for the update ! :-) sorry this is a pain - it was always
> anticipated to be quite a chunk of work. Fridrich prolly has the best
> expertise here - I'd poke him on IRC :-)
I guess I underestimated how long this would take me...
>> I'm beginning to think it's worth just trying to use the make based
>> system to build firebird on windows.
> 	Sounds like that is the best way; sorry for the pain ! Hopefully it is
> a one-off cost with some more fun hacking beyond it :-)
It's certainly a great educational experience! I've finally managed to
make a bit of a breakthrough (with the make based system) -- apparently
the ordering of the input file names and compiler flags is important for
MSVC -- I'm now onto fixing various includes and macros which seem to
have changed since older MSVS versions -- hopefully there won't be any
more major issues than that on the way to getting firebird building.
(I've also had to modify a mingw specific make file to remove compiler
flags that msvc didn't like -- I'll try and modify this instead to have
a cygwin specific file which is loaded to still allow for building on
mingw, although last I checked LO didn't seem to like the mingw build
anyway -- no idea whether mingw should be supported?)

Cheers,

    Andrzej