Building LO 4.0.4.2 on illumos based OS

Gabriele Bulfon gabriele.bulfon at sonicle.com
Sat Jun 29 00:37:40 PDT 2013

On 28/06/13 12:01, Michel Stahl wrote:
On 28/06/13 07:39, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
Hi, I moved to 4.1 build from scratch.
Build required me a couple of new system libs (libodfgen and libmwaw)
that I could package easily.
Then, it stops just after the succesful configure:
/sources/userlands/xstream-userland-gate/components/libreoffice/libreoffice-4.1.0.1//bridges/Module_bridges.mk:28:
*** no bridge selected for build: bailing out.. Stop.
the UNO binary
C++ bridge, which is specific to architecture and
compiler ABI.
i guess you need to tweak the "if" conditionals in
bridges/Module_bridges.mk to select the appropriate GCC3 bridge for your
platform; there is one in bridges/source/cpp_uno/gcc3_solaris_{intel,sparc}
Hi, I noticed the bridges structure is quite changed from 4.0 and 4.1.
In 4.0 build, it could correctly select the solaris intel bridge.
Looks like 4.1 cannot do it anymore, though I debugged env vars and they look
correctly set to CPU=I and OS=SOLARIS.
Actually I cannot see how that 4.1 mk file is now selecting the bridge,
while in 4.0 there were a lot of if, including solaris specifics.
Can you help me on how to force Module_bridges.mk to use gcc3_solaris_intel?
Another clue: I'm using gcc4.4.7....maybe this is annoying it? And if yes, why
4.0 was not?
Thanks again,
Gabriele.