Building LO 4.0.4.2 on illumos based OS

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 07:24:42 PDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 2:37 AM, Gabriele Bulfon
<gabriele.bulfon at sonicle.com> wrote:
> Hi, I noticed the bridges structure is quite changed from 4.0 and 4.1.
> In 4.0 build, it could correctly select the solaris intel bridge.
> Looks like 4.1 cannot do it anymore, though I debugged env vars and they
> look
> correctly set to CPU=I and OS=SOLARIS.
> Actually I cannot see how that 4.1 mk file is now selecting the bridge,
> while in 4.0 there were a lot of if, including solaris specifics.
> Can you help me on how to force Module_bridges.mk to use gcc3_solaris_intel?

take a look at Library_cpp_uno.mk
and in particular how bridges_SELECTED_BRIDGE is set...

from what I read the else ifeq($(CPU),I)  line 56 pre-empt the section
you want which is lower.. line 143

some re-order of the different if/else section seems in order (to
works we need to test from the most particular to the most generic)

Norbert