[Grammar checker] Undocumented change in the API for LO 4

Olivier R. olivier.noreply at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 10:29:08 PST 2013

Caolán McNamara wrote
> do you get the pre LO 4 behaviour ?

Probably.
With LO 3, in doProofreading:
- nStartOfSentencePos was always the beginning of the paragraph (=0)
- nSuggestedSentenceEndPos was always the end of the paragraph (=length of
rText)

And each paragraph was passed once to the GC.

> Assuming that you do, then it appears to me that the current LO4
> behaviour is the original programmer intent and that the intermediate
> behaviour was a bug (from the programmer intent perspective anyway) in
> whatever versions got released between
> 9f2fde7ab5de20926bb25a6b298b4e5dffb66eb2 and LO4

Yes, we can assume that was the original programmer intent.
But it worked another way for 3 years and nobody complained about it. :)
I prefer the unintended behavior, as LO does not  assume wrongly what is the
end of sentences.

So what LO will do?

Olivier