archive / install slowness ...

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 07:00:21 PDT 2013

On 11 March 2013 17:14, Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com> wrote:
> in the end it should look something like this:
>
> 1) instead of solver/ imagine some installation/ dir that is a runnable
>    installation (LO and SDK and any help/l10n etc.)
>
> 2) */Package*.mk copies the files into the right place in installation/
>    without any zipping or other nonsense
>
> ..
>
> not quite sure what the best migration path to get there is; currently
> most Package_*.mk just copy internal headers around which is quite
> pointless in any case and probably should be fixed first.

I don't see a reason why the work should block on moving headers.
I would do it in two steps:
We need to incrementally get rid of things in solver like solver/*/rdb
solver/*/idl ..
In the end you should be able to
cp -r solver/*/inc include
export SOLARINC="$(SRCDIR)/include $SOLARINC"
make clean
disable Packages in gbuild
1, and make using only workdir
2, Then it should be ~easy to add gbuild rules for delivering to
installation/ and you are done :-)
Of course 2, won't be quick because there are many special files /
directories like ure etc.

And this two steps have nothing to do with scp2, we just need to make
sure solenv/bin/make_installer.pl finds all the things it needs.

Best,
Matus