archive / install slowness ...

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Wed Mar 13 07:41:03 PDT 2013

On 11/03/13 22:19, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 22:04 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
>> that is one of the reasons why i'm of the opinion that using wildcards
>> in a build system is almost always a Bad Idea, trading a short-term
>> inconvenience for subtle breakages and surprises.
>
> The other "files not found" aren't using wildcards IIRC. Is
> -MM/--must-match sufficiently universal that we can add that to our
> default zip line and flush them out.

i wrongly assumed that zip does that by itself, but indeed it needs to
be explicitly told to error out if some input file does not actually exist.

the --must-match is available in Zip 3.0, which we already require for
--filesync.

so i've added it in ec8d4b1d23e85cc27f1d08e1b1ed9c18e63f7a3c

unfortunately there are some side effects when mixed with bizarre
wildcards and/or find: "zip error: File not found or no read permission
(idl/com/sun/star/lang/.XComponent.idl.swp)" so there were some changes
to odk's packaging of IDL files...