Android market 50mb cap

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 00:50:54 PDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 3:22 AM, Jonathan Aquilina
<eagles051387 at gmail.com> wrote:
> That is interesting, I think what one can do to avoid having to split LO
> into multiple parts, could'nt we have it where the person downloads a very
> basic app and then upon first run downloads the rest. I have seen some games
> do that with content.

If someone is interested in jumping-in and taking the next step in
splitting-up the .apk for LibreOffice, there's some sample code and
documentation about Expansion Files on this page:

http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2012/03/android-apps-break-50mb-barrier.html

Cheers,
--R