icerun busts unit tests ?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Mar 18 10:52:04 PDT 2013

Hi there,

	Just poking at a deliberately instrumented sc_ucalc unit test - with a
random SEGV thrown in.

	It seems that 'make check' passes nicely if 'icerun' is included in the
command:

- icerun   $O/bin/cppunit/cppunittester $W/LinkTarget/CppunitTest/libtest_sc_ucalc.so ... || echo "failed"
+          $O/bin/cppunit/cppunittester $W/LinkTarget/CppunitTest/libtest_sc_ucalc.so ... || echo "failed"

	The 2nd produces a 'failed' but not the first.

	Is there some way we can propagate the failure / exit code from the
spawned process through icerun ? perhaps that is fixed already, I have:

$ icerun --version
ICERUN 0.9.98.3

	Thanks ! :-)

		Michael.