[4.0] Calc+Base fail without registry/writer.xcd from Writer package

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Thu Mar 21 06:31:26 PDT 2013

hi,

True. That's why we invented http://packages.debian.org/libreoffice-base-core

> BTW: I wonder if embeded objects are can be used if you do not have
> installed the related part. So, I am afraid that all parts depends on
> all other parts if you want to use some features.

True. But that (and the above) is guessable and can be fixed by just installing
the component is you *need those features*
("oh, database stuff? install base stuff", "oh, calc object? maybe I should
install calc"...)

This issue here is about calc and base not even starting up. This is more
serious.

Regards,

Rene