[4.0] Calc+Base fail without registry/writer.xcd from Writer package

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Sat Mar 23 02:16:33 PDT 2013

On 21/03/13 12:34, Petr Mladek wrote:
>>> As to the "does not run at all", for both Base and Calc, ideally it
>> >
>> > Yes. I would not like making -base and -calc making it *depending* on writer
>> > hard.
> I think that it is also the other way around. AFAIK, you could not use
> data sources in Writer without Base.

imho that's wrong too - using data sources should not *require* base.

MS Office (spit :-) often comes without Access, and yet you can still
use data sources - often Excel.

So while it may not be important at the moment, the data sources stuff
should presumably be split from base. I think MS put it in a "common
utilities" section.

Cheers,
Wol