XCheckBox question

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Fri May 3 02:58:19 PDT 2013

Le 03/05/13 10:01, Miklos Vajna a écrit :

Hi Miklos,

> A checkbox implements drawing::XShape, and you can call setSize() on it:
>
> http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/drawing/XShape.html#setSize
>
> So I guess you can happily set both the width and height of a checkbox.

Unfortunately, that only seems to refer to the grouped object of tickbox
and label, i.e. the rectangular or square surface area that both objects
occupy on screen and are bounded by the shape boundary. It is not
apparently possible to separate the tickbox itself from the label.

The unfortunate side effect of this can be seen when one increases the
font size of the label : the bounding box expands to take account of the
new size requirements, or can be redrawn manually by the user with the
shape handles, but the actual box itself remains in its default, and
diminutive state (which looks ludicrous).

So the question is, where does the actual checkbox come from ? How is it
drawn, and how would it be possible to get it to be redrawn at any give
size of the user's choosing ? Or is this something that has never been
implemented and would require creating a whole new component for the AWT ?

Alex