XCheckBox question

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Mon May 6 07:16:22 PDT 2013

Hi Alexander,

On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 11:58:19AM +0200, Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurgood at gmail.com> wrote:
> So the question is, where does the actual checkbox come from ? How is it
> drawn, and how would it be possible to get it to be redrawn at any give
> size of the user's choosing ? Or is this something that has never been
> implemented and would require creating a whole new component for the AWT ?

Form controls are on the Draw page of the document, and they are
provided by the com.sun.star.drawing.ControlShape service.

If you search for XControlShape, you can see that it's implemented in
svx:

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/search?q=com%3A%3Asun%3A%3Astar%3A%3Adrawing%3A%3AXControlShape&project=core&defs=&refs=&path=&hist=

Each control has a separate model, which is again an UNO object. In case
of checkbox, that's com.sun.star.comp.forms.OCheckBoxModel, the
implementation is probably under forms/source/component/CheckBox.*

I would suggest just adding a new optional "Size" property to
com/sun/star/awt/UnoControlCheckBoxModel.idl; the real work is of course
letting the code actually take care of that property when painting. :-)

Hope this helps,

Miklos