master start a JRE 7 even if the default JRE is 6

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbf.faure at sud-ouest.org
Thu May 9 11:06:21 PDT 2013

Hi Stephan,

Le 08/05/2013 11:22, Stephan Bergmann a écrit :
> On 05/06/2013 07:25 AM, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
>> What is weird, is that my default Java is Java 6 and LO is configured to
>> use Java 6. I have both OpenJDK 6 and OpenJDK 7 on my PC.
>
> "LO is configured to use Java 6":  for building (i.e., as a switch in
> your autogen.input) or at runtime (i.e., at "Tools - Options... -
> LibreOffice - Advanced - Java options")?  The latter is preset via some
> code that tries to find the "best" JRE on your machine, so could easily
> pick a JRE 7 if you have installed both 6 and 7, even if you configured
> your LO build to compile against a JDK 6.

At runtime.
My default Java is OpenJDK 6 (I should probably change that for OpenJDK
7, but LO is currently building ...)

>> It seems that official builds (LO 4.0.3.3) does not start a JVM at
>> launch time.
>
> Can depend on what (bundled) extensions are included, for example.

I have default bundled extensions, containing non-linear solver for Calc
which AFAIK is written in Java. I will check again.

Another possibility couldn't be that the official build starts the JVM
with a lower Xmx parameter than my own build so that the JVM does not
crash with ulimit -v set to 2 GB?

Best regards.
JBF