fdo#41572 Making it possible to add custom animation to master slides

Janit Anjaria janit92 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 23:50:25 PDT 2013

Hey Tor!

It is good to know that even you have been taking interest in this pretty
"important" task which i have been working on.

-- Regarding the compiling of the code , i bet i did compile it on my
machine as well,but as you said you have been getting some errors i would
be happy to look back into it. :D

--Regarding the use of ULONG , i actually did not  get into "some random
googling that found old OpenOffice.org code" .But rather i had used it in
some university project in my freshmen year and hence i thought of just
experimenting here too(i actually wanted to know the advantages and
disadvantages of using it here,and that is why i used it) . But yeah i dont
mind getting it off :)

-- I think picking up was a big task here as i had to dig into quite a lot
of code and hence figure out what to use and "where" ...because i am still
figuring out things regarding the UI (as i had mentioned in my last email)
, and i am sure i will make a better impact on the codebase there :)

-- Yes i think Thorsten would surely be able to feel the code in more
detail ( thanks again for giving me a "strict" guidance on the same) .

And yes regarding the easy hack thing...I dont think the name of the easy
hack does make a difference here.I have named it such , just because the
task revolves around this basic bug . Me and Thorsten have been discussing
the exact work we are planning to implement with ,also taking help from the
UI team ( on IRC as well as emails)  and i keep Thorsten informed about the
proceedings.

---And regarding the submission of the work in small pieces , i had talked
to Thorsten on IRC and i think as a mentor he wanted me to show him my
"work in progress" patch , and clear a few doubts in code i had and hence i
have mentioned that in my comments in the code as well as in my last email.
( and clearing up the misunderstanding , i am sure i havent been bad at
language errors except when i was a newbee in the beginning.But i am sure i
am  working on it , but my experience on the codebase and familiarity is
pretty important here while working on a bigger project and not on small
hacks ;-) :D .

Hope this finds you in good health.

Regards,
Janit