Is HelpId still useful for .src files?

Rodolfo rodolforg at gmail.com
Sun May 26 06:44:49 PDT 2013

Thank you for your reply, Markus.
I have some more questions now =)

2013/5/26 Markus Mohrhard <markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com>:
> 2013/5/26 Rodolfo <rodolforg at gmail.com>:
>> I wonder if "helpid" field could be removed also of (popup) menus
>> defined in .SRC files.
>
> No. We only removed the old id based help ids that are unused because
> the mapping is done by the uno command name.

Ok. Got it.

> The second one is a correct help id as HID_FM_DELETEROWS expands to
> SVX_HID_FM_DELETEROWS which can be read by the resource manager and is
> mapped to the help text "Deletes the selected record." in english.

But why the help texts use SID_FM_DELETEROWS (instead of HID_ or SVX_HID_ ?)

msgid "To delete a record in the current table, right-click the row
header of the record, and then select <emph>Delete</emph>. <ahelp
hid=\"SID_FM_DELETEROWS\" visibility=\"hidden\">Deletes the selected
record.</ahelp>" [1]

And why doesn't use "SVX_HID_FM_DELETEROWS" straightly?
HID_FM_DELETEROWS is only used to define that string
"SVX_HID_FM_DELETEROWS" [2] . Would this be a special case?

[1] http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/translations/source/pt-BR/helpcontent2/source/text/shared/01.po#16034
[2] http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/search?q=HID_FM_DELETEROWS&project=binfilter&project=core&project=dictionaries&project=help&project=translations&defs=&refs=&path=&hist=

> The first one is a bit more tricky and I think is missing a help id
> nowadays as it is an id based help id which I think has no
> representation anymore in the help system. The longer I look at it I
> come to the conclusion that the first one is an error. I think it
> should be HID_ATTR_CHAR_FONTHEIGHT and that should be mapped to a
> correct string and to the correct help text (if there is one at all).

Hm... Is there a documentation about that help generation/system?

Regards,
Rodolfo