Updates about Enhanced Database Ranges.

Akash Shetye shetyeakash at gmail.com
Tue May 28 06:03:26 PDT 2013

Hello Devs,

I thank you all for giving me this opportunity, I will ensure that the devs
and mentors never question their judgement in selecting me.

*On to the list of Do's:*
*Start looking at the code (and even start hacking it if that helps):*

   - The development of this task is cut into two unrelated chunks
   (according to my understanding so far), one about implementing the "Format
   as Table" functionality (exactly) as available in excel. Another about
   implementing the new structured reference syntax used by Excel in dealing
   with Tables.
   - I am of the opinion of completing the "Format as Table" task first, in
   my earlier interactions I had received good insights on the style sheets in
   LO Calc by Eike, I am currently tracing the control flow there.
   - However I welcome suggestions on which task to complete first.

*Discuss with your mentors about the steps of your project*

   - I think I haven’t had an at-length discussion on this with my mentor
   Kohei yet. I will catch up on that

*Get to know the persons and sub-projects you'll need to interact with.*

   - Yes, this is very important.

*Get git access: see this wiki
page<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/NewAccount>
*

   - Have an OpenID and have pushed a patch through gerrit. I have git set
   up on my system and I am toying with LO all the time. I think the direct
   commit access bit in that link wasn't meant for us students right?

*Create a feature branch for your project*

   - Yup, this one is coming up.

What else

I am so excited and psyched to be a part of this year's soc. This thread is
where I will keep everyone updated with minimum bi-weekly updates (which is
the frequency I have set for myself). See my blog<http://akshe.wordpress.com/>,
which will document the daily efforts.

She1991