[GSoC] Character border

Zolnai Tamás zolnaitamas2000 at gmail.com
Wed May 29 10:54:55 PDT 2013

Hi Cedric,

Well that is only the use case and it isn't that complex: if we can draw
> the 4 borders, then any other case is pretty simple ;)

Yes, I just add the use case, so all of us can got ideas about it without
having an intense knowledge about the implementation. And yes I hope so
that will simple.

> You should better see your task as the following steps:
>>   * Change the Character properties UI to add the existing "Borders"
>> page.
>>   * Write the borders definition into the SwFmt.
>>   * Change the layout to paint the borders. Borders will influence the
>> line height and spacing between characters. This part will probably be
>> the trickiest one. The code to paint borders is already implemented, but
>> changing the layout requires you to understand it first ;)
>>   * Persist the borders to the various filters. There is no
>> specification to do here as even ODF specifies these borders.

 Thanks for the advices.

I think Miklos planned to have a kick-starting session with you: we'll
>> be able to discuss the details there. I once had a patch for the first
>> step, you'll find it attached, although I'm not sure it's still useful.

 Yes, I've already spoken with Miklos, but as I said, I wait ideas from
anybody, not just from the proficients, but of course the latters will be
the most helpfull for the implementation.

Best regards,
Tamás