Extending / Chaining Spell Checker

Guenter Bartsch guenter.bartsch at gmail.com
Fri May 31 03:00:11 PDT 2013

Stephan,

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:

> The following comment in
> offapi/com/sun/star/linguistic2/XLinguServiceManager.idl might be what you
> are looking for:
>
> "For spell checking and thesaurus, the order in the list defines the order
> of creation/usage of those services. That is, if the first spell checker
> implementation does not recognize the given word as correct, the second
> service implementation for that language is created and gets queried. If
> that one fails, the third one gets created and queried and so on. This chain
> stops if an implementation reports the word as correct or the end of the
> list is reached, in which case the word is reported as incorrect."

excellent! - tried it and this is indeed exactly what we had been
looking for. thanks for the quick response, potentially saved us hours
of replicating functionality that is already there.

we're planning to make the plugin available for download soon - code
is a bit rough around the edges and undergoing testing right now - so
hopefully we can contribute something back here.

thanks again

   guenter