Extending / Chaining Spell Checker

Guenter Bartsch guenter.bartsch at gmail.com
Fri May 31 13:34:37 PDT 2013

Stephan,

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:
> The following comment in
> offapi/com/sun/star/linguistic2/XLinguServiceManager.idl might be what you
> are looking for:
>
> "For spell checking and thesaurus, the order in the list defines the order
> of creation/usage of those services. That is, if the first spell checker
> implementation does not recognize the given word as correct, the second
> service implementation for that language is created and gets queried. If
> that one fails, the third one gets created and queried and so on. This chain
> stops if an implementation reports the word as correct or the end of the
> list is reached, in which case the word is reported as incorrect."

one more question about this: as soon as I activate my own spell
checker in addition to hunspell, I do not get any spelling suggestions
for misspelled words anymore (context menu). of course, my own spell
checker implementation does not provide any suggestions

def spell(self, aWord, aLocale, aProperties ):
    return None

but surely hunspell does - how do suggestions work in such a chained
spell checker setup? any way to collect them from all plugins?

thanks,

   guenter