Accessible labels in alerts claim to be ROLE_PASSWORD_TEXT

Niklas Johansson sleeping.pillow at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 08:07:57 PST 2013

Yes, I tried that while debugging the issue and it makes it better. It
now reports as ROLE_TEXT but since the text in our message boxes are
copyable that might be better than reporting it as ROLE_LABEL.

An other issue around this message box was the VclBox surrounding the
buttons, that gets the role FILLER but should probably have the role
PANEL. Changing the "sal_uInt16 VclBox::getDefaultAccessibleRole()
const" to return PANEL made NVDA read the dialog content when the dialog
got displayed. On the other hand I'm not sure how generic this
layout.cxx actually is supposed to be.

Sorry for ranting on about this issue. I'm mostly just trying to
understand the code and hopefully fixing a bug or two on the way.

Thanks,
Niklas Johansson