Handling of worksheet functions from Excel 2010 and newer

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 12 11:57:01 PST 2013

Hey Winfried,

2013/11/12 Winfried Donkers <W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl>

> Hi Markus, Kohei, Eike,
>
> >Kohei added the tests with
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/sc/qa?id=c40cbf189750f623e065b6ed9596d90977a2f631
> >but at least IMO it makes more sense to add test cases similar to
> testFunctionODS just for XLSX where you add corner cases for new functions.
> >I suppose that you already have a set of corner cases for your tests and
> you can just use these for the import and export tests.
>
> The tests Kohei added are of some functions I recently added (plus one
> that I'm still working on), so I will expand both the xlsx-file and the
> ScFiltersTest::testFunctionsExcel2010().
> (The xlsx-file will have to checked by someone with Excel though, before
> getting pushed. I don't have Excel)

So Kohei just tested that the functions are imported without an error
(which made sense as he was writing a test for a bug). What I was
suggesting for your case is that you take some of the corner cases that you
know and write a test for them. This is what I started once for ODS with
testFunctionsODS. That way we can test that we import the function and that
the function behaves correctly in the corner cases. Hopefully this helps to
make sure that nobody ever breaks this function.

Btw if your only problem with writing test cases is that you don't have
access to Excel just ask for help. Kohei, Eike and I have access to Excel
and can surely create the test file that you need or check that your file
imports correctly.

Regards,
Markus