Vendors Name via UNO API / Basic Macros

Thomas Krumbein thomas.krumbein at documentfoundation.org
Fri Nov 15 04:43:38 PST 2013

Hey Michael,

Am 15.11.2013 12:53, schrieb Michael Stahl:
> On 14/11/13 09:21, Thomas Krumbein wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I am looking for an easy way to find out, which product (LibO or AOO) is
>> installed and currently activ via Basic Macros.
>>
>> Because in LO 4.1 we have some API-changes, macros should now have a
>> version-switch.
>
> i hope the API changes are small enough in scope so that you don't have
> to re-write everything?  we try to do API changes only after a careful
> discussion of the alternatives; please give us feedback in case you
> think that you spend too much time and effort on this kind of thing :)

Well, this change was a small technical thing - but with a very big
influence on typical market applications. Every custom macro application
with dialogs or forms for user interfaces is influenced if dialogs/forms
using Date/time fields. And typicly most of them (in my applications
about 70%) used those fields.
So all applications will crash using LO 4.1.1.2 or upper. So in my
opinion nobody who make this decision has a closer market view.

>> Do somebody have an easy access hint to vendor-name?
>>
>> There should be a possibility in configuration-data, but I do not know
>> where?
>
> searching for PRODUCTNAME finds this:
>
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Setup.xcu#22
>
> org.openoffice.Setup.Product.ooName

Thanks for this - I know the xcu files. But this is not an easy access
for (Basic-) macros. The way to do is: Search for this file, parse this
file and extract the vendor name... for basic marcos a very long way.
I can find a solution - but I think about all those macro-programmers
out in the market: Do you really think, this is a real solution?

Thank you an d best regards

Thomas

--
## Unterstützung der freien Office Suite
## http://de.libreOffice.org  - www.LibreOffice.org