Vendors Name via UNO API / Basic Macros

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Nov 15 03:53:03 PST 2013

On 14/11/13 09:21, Thomas Krumbein wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I am looking for an easy way to find out, which product (LibO or AOO) is
> installed and currently activ via Basic Macros.
>
> Because in LO 4.1 we have some API-changes, macros should now have a
> version-switch.

i hope the API changes are small enough in scope so that you don't have
to re-write everything?  we try to do API changes only after a careful
discussion of the alternatives; please give us feedback in case you
think that you spend too much time and effort on this kind of thing :)

> There are different methods to get the internal version-number - that is
> not a problem.
>
> But: The version number itself is not suffcient because AOO 4.1.0 will
> start soon and this version-number is identical to LO 4.1.0.
>
> So macros must have additional a vendor-switch.
>
> Do somebody have an easy access hint to vendor-name?
>
> There should be a possibility in configuration-data, but I do not know
> where?

searching for PRODUCTNAME finds this:

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Setup.xcu#22

org.openoffice.Setup.Product.ooName

value should be "LibreOffice" at runtime (or "LibreOfficeDev" for a
non-release build).