Dev-Environment with Vagrant/VirtualBox?

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Nov 15 11:37:51 PST 2013

On 15/11/13 19:56, bjoern wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 07:19:02PM +0100, Andreas Mantke wrote:
>> The environment should contain a Linux environment with the necessary
>> tools installed, everything created from an vagrant script.
>>
>> I ask here before I start to work on the vagrant script if I should
>> invest my time for that.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Such a "get started right away" environment would be quite valueable IMHO. If
> we have a full Linux environment in it, it might make sense to have a
> moderately recent checkout of master fully build in it, as it likely is not
> that much extra space and really lets a developer start right away.

given that a full debug build (which is what would make sense for a
newbie) is 30 GB, let me take this opportunity to question Bjoern's
sanity and/or request a don't-drink-and-post policy.

also, a build will get outdated pretty soon anyway... what would be the
benefit of a 2 month old build today with 4000 extra commits on master?