minutes of ESC call ...

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Fri Nov 15 15:51:51 PST 2013

Andras Timar wrote:
> For me it seems that mobile app release schedule is different from
> LibreOffice's release schedule. I think it makes little sense to
> handle LibreOffice and mobile app localization together. I think we
> need to handle mobile apps separately, create new projects in Pootle,
> and ask translators to translate them quickly. Also, I found tools
> that convert Android strings.xml and iOS .strings to .po and vice
> versa, we don't have to depend on our own l10ntools. Practically,
> localized mobile apps could be built without LibreOffice build
> environment.

Cool. If we have to do the translation from scratch anyway, and the
effort to migrate over to those tools is not prohibitive, I'd be much
in favour of that. Solves a number of other issues as well.

(once that's done, and without any rush to decide - but it would then
be easily possible to host iOS and Android remotes in a git repo
separate from core)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten