Build switches for mysql connector extension - Mac OSX

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Thu Nov 21 08:01:20 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 05:46:37PM +0100, Alex Thurgood wrote:

> I used to be able to build a functional mysql connector on MacOSX by
> using the build switch :

> --enable-ext-mariadb-connector

> However, the inclusion of a build-time downloaded libmariadb library was
> stopped after this caused crashes on Window

and GNU/Linux, and probably also MacOS X.

> So the million dollar question now is : which switch is to be used now ?

> I have tried using :

> --with-system-mysql-cppconn=/path/to/lib/

> and removing the --enable-ext-mariadb-connector

Something like:

export CFLAGS='-I/path/to/mysql_cppconn/includes'
export LDFLAGS='-L/path/to/mysql_cppconn/libs'
./autogen.sh --enable-ext-mariadb-connector --with-system-mysql-cppconn

OR

export MARIADBCONFIG=/path/to/mariadb_config_or_mysql_config
./autogen.sh --enable-ext-mariadb-connector --without-system-mysql-cppconn --with-system-mariadb

you can add --enable-bundle-mariadb if the libmysql/libmariadb is not
in the default search path (else, you need to set rpath manually or
run LibreOffice under
 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/libmysqlclient.so.15
or something like that).

BUT, I have some good news. The (LGPL) MariaDB native client developer
fixed the crash, so we if we update to bzr revision 107 (or later), we
can switch back to mariadb native client... Except it does not quite
inspire confidence, I'm not sure...

--
Lionel