LibreOffice DRAW - Flowcharting automation with scripting language

Mat M matm at gmx.fr
Mon Nov 25 17:00:24 PST 2013

Le Tue, 26 Nov 2013 01:08:40 +0100, Robinson Tryon
<bishop.robinson at gmail.com> a écrit:

> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM, - <mrmister001 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Flowcharting automation process in Draw (creating flowcharts
>> automatically,
>> without effort) Scripting language
>> THE PROBLEM: When you want to create a flowchart, basically you have to
>> [HEAD BEGIN: geometry: Rectangle, color: blue, rotation: 0, radious: 0,
>> angle: 0, connector: normal, geometry-thickness: 2pt,
>> connector-thickness:
>> 2pt, shadow orientation:right-down, shadow color: grey, font-type-size:
>> Calibri, 2pt, font-alignment: center, center]
>>
>> Differential geometry >  differential calculus
>> Differential geometry >  integral calculus
>> Differential geometry >  linear algebra
>> Differential geometry >  multilinear algebra
>>

>> [:HEAD END]
>
> Have you looked at the DOT language?
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOT_(graph_description_language)
>
>  digraph graphname {
>      a -> b -> c;
>      b -> d;
>  }
>
> There are a few others:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Graph_description_languages

Hello

DOT is handled by graphviz, which can export to SVG, that could be
imported into Draw. Job's done ! :)
yEd handles TGF and can also export to SVG.

So basically, what is needed here is find a suitable Graph language
(please don't create another one), make it create an SVG, then import in
draw.

Or use Dia, which does not seem to read graph langs, but has a nice
interface to play with flowcharts

Under professional Windows, I use mostly Visio to do flows and copy/paste
into impress^W powerpoint. You can do the same with Dia & Impress. IMHO,
creating a new import module for a graph lang to dia is more valuable, but
being able to draw flows in Draw could be fun as well.

My 5 cents :)

Mat