Object Linking and Embedding in LibreOffice

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Tue Oct 1 01:07:41 PDT 2013

Hi Badal,

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 09:20:21AM +0530, Badal Naik <badal.kumar.naik at ericsson.com> wrote:
> for last few of months, I am working on LibreOffice Projects. My
> current pick up is developing "Display as icon" feature for
> Libreoffice. For that I am trying to understand the files/ folders
> responsible for handling inline embedding. I have studied "embedserv
> ,embeddedobj " folders, but not getting much out of it.
> Can you connect me to folks who developed inline embedding for OLE
> or guide me how can I go about that.

The icon is just another replacement graphics. See the attached document
for an example. What's missing is the UI for this. I would recommend
having a look at the ODF import or WW8 import filters on how do they do
this. You should do something similar for the UI as well, so users will
be create such "icons" in new documents.

Miklos