resize handling / layout on timeout?

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Oct 7 06:23:26 PDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-10-05 at 18:44 +0400, Ivan Timofeev wrote:
> So - #83524# is dead, I don't know what is "opaque resize WM"...

Opaque resize is the (now) normal case where window contents are shown
while moving as opposed to old-school drawing a simple empty wireframe
box like twm (used to ?) does.

> But if there is a problem with the help application only, wouldn't it better to
> fix *its* resize handling?

Sounds reasonable.

> FWIW, I've disabled the resize timer (i.e. bool bStartTimer = false in
> vcl/source/window/winproc.cxx) and don't see any problem so far (except
> the help app).
>
> Same for layout - I guess it can be done immediately..? (Well, the
> printdialog will need some love then)

Is the print dialog ultra slow after that or is there some other
problem ?

Are you just on Linux or are you able to see what the general situation
is like on Windows/MacOSX too ?

C.