Having trouble with writing libreoffice extension

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Tue Oct 8 00:42:06 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 09:54:37AM +0000, "Hu, Xiaoran" <hu.353 at buckeyemail.osu.edu> wrote:
> 		I am a senior CSE student of the ohio state university.
> 		Right now I want to write a libreoffice extension, but
> 		I'm confused what to do. I have already finished a Java
> 		program which I hope to make it an extension in
> 		libreoffice. Can you help me a little bit? I have
> 		installed NetBean and its plug-in for Openoffice.

See here:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Extension_Development

The "general documentation" is the most useful link on that page. Also,
you may want to try out the SDK examples first, that require no IDE at
all.

Most developers use vi or emacs to write LibreOffice-related code. In
case of Java, you may have some luck with Eclipse an OOEclipse:

http://people.freedesktop.org/~cbosdo/ooeclipse/

Though last time I tried it with Eclipse 3.5 and LO 3.4. (Again, usually
we just use the commandline build system and an editor.)

HTH,

Miklos