UNO API doesn't work as expected when ATT enabled

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Wed Oct 23 12:16:44 CEST 2013

On 23/10/13 09:58, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 10/22/2013 11:33 PM, Efe Gürkan YALAMAN wrote:
>> 2013/10/22 Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com
>> <mailto:sbergman at redhat.com>>
>>

>>     I'm still not sure I get you.  That the catch(uno::Exception&) block
>>     at cui/source/options/__optaboutconfig.cxx:234 will eventually catch
>>     an exception is obviously not unexpected.  You mean, on Windows you
>>     observe that that catch block is never reached?  (If yes, how do you
>>     observe that, with a debugger?  If yes, are you sure the debugger
>>     does not fool you, as can happen with optimized code?)
>>
>>   I couldn't make it work a debugger on Windows. I couldn't properly
>> build it actually :( So I can only assume it is. So I assume recursion
>> is not end because of up to 1.5 GB of the ram usage and crash after
>> that. Because exit condition relies exception.
>>
>> Anyways If i can build LO on Windows tonight I will be a happier person...
>
> I cannot reproduce any problem with a current master build, at least on
> Windows 7 with MS Narrator (Control Panel - Ease of Access Center -
> Start Narrator) enabled.  Expert Config comes up relatively quickly even
> and appears fully functional.  Maybe Michael's
> <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=ffd0e2911023e684ca1e206d18b45ef5aa6179f9>
> "fdo#70465: speed up AccessibleEventNotifier::generateId()" already
> solved that?

well at least on Linux i can still get it to hang up for > 10 minutes by
scrolling with keyboard, so it's only partially solved.

btw this is how you can enable a11y on Gnome (if it is not already
enabled by default as it would be in Fedora 18 or later):

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface toolkit-accessibility true