Problems compiling LO with Visual Studio 2008

Pavel Laštovička pavel.lastovicka at blue-point.cz
Thu Oct 31 19:36:15 CET 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to compile LO 4.1.3 on my machine with Windows XP and Visual Studio 2008
and I have run into some problems.
Is Visual Studio 2008 still supported? Or should I try to get a newer version?

First problem was that build did not start at all with error in
external/Package_msvc_dlls.mk. I think it was failing on MSVC_DLL_PATH being empty.
I tried to set it to a bogus path to make build start.
Later I got error about undefined SHARDAPPIDINFO structure. On the net I found MSDN
mentioning the structure is available from Windows 7 up.

Thanks

--

Pavel Laštovička
blue.point Solutions spol. s  r. o.