Problems compiling LO with Visual Studio 2008

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Oct 31 22:58:43 CET 2013

On 31/10/13 19:36, Pavel Laštovička wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to compile LO 4.1.3 on my machine with Windows XP and Visual Studio 2008
> and I have run into some problems.
> Is Visual Studio 2008 still supported? Or should I try to get a newer version?

i don't believe that libreoffice-4-1 branch is buildable with 2008; only
2010 and 2012 are known to work.

> First problem was that build did not start at all with error in
> external/Package_msvc_dlls.mk. I think it was failing on MSVC_DLL_PATH being empty.

yes that was probably broken for MSVC 2008 by commit
5c0a2940428c5c4b8451ee4e9ce30f0b7739f3c8 and never fixed.

perhaps you will run into other issues too; since 2008 support was
removed completely on master due to the high maintenace effort (uses
different project files than newer versions etc.), there is probably
little interest in getting the 4-1 branch to build; better to just use a
newer MSVC.