About writeDBLoaderInfo function in dbloader.cxx (dbaccess module)

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Sun Sep 1 14:21:53 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 12:39:25AM -0700, julien2412 [via Document Foundation Mail Archive] wrote:
> Lionel Elie Mamane wrote

>> On the gripping hand, I can't find where the "//Loader" key is used
>> afterwards either, so maybe my search-fu simply failed me. Or maybe
>> the whole function is pointless. As an added bonus remark, it seems
>> weird (but maybe innocuous) that it goes to extra pains to create
>> "//UNO/Loader" and "//Loader" as opposed to "/UNO/Loader" and
>> "/Loader".

> I thought at first sight it would be "//Loader" and "//UNO/Loader" but then
> I noticed line 159
> aImpl += DBContentLoader::getImplementationName_Static();

> So in fact, it would be:
> "/org.openoffice.comp.dbu.DBContentLoader/Loader" and
> "/org.openoffice.comp.dbu.DBContentLoader/UNO/Loader"

Yes, right. Missed that :)

>> And searching more, I see that this function is actually never
>> called...

>> So actually, in this case, remove the whole function. And also the
>> function of the same name in dbaccess/source/filter/xml/dbloader2.cxx
>> ...

> About removing, I made an Opengrok  search and found it was used there:
> dbaccess/source/ui/misc/uiservices.cxx
> (see
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/dbaccess/source/ui/misc/uiservices.cxx#38)
> I'm not sure but if we remove the function, it means we should remove it too
> in uiservices.cxx and so change the interface/api, doesn't it?

My understanding is that this is not "used", that's just the
declaration, the stuff that is usually put in headers (but here was
"repeated" in every .c(xx) file where the function was used).

The actual use was removed by

commit 8e88ac109dc9eba88db92940d13933fc3a4393d8
Author: sb <sb at openoffice.org>
Date:   Fri Sep 10 13:10:07 2010 +0200

    sb129: #i113189# change UNO components to use passive registration


View this message in context: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/About-writeDBLoaderInfo-function-in-dbloader-cxx-dbaccess-module-tp4072511p4072595.html
Sent from the Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/attachments/20130901/22de7079/attachment.html>

More information about the LibreOffice mailing list