Project ...

Jakub Kościelak kuba at openoffice.com.pl
Wed Sep 4 12:09:19 PDT 2013

Hi,
Application will be, for example , such as described by Alex.

All the requirements have been translated almost literally into English
from Polish contract's Terms of Reference.

Clearly, the Terms are written in such a way, that only MS Office meets
them.

This is a large auction where MS Office is just a small piece of whole
deal, but very expensive .
The whole project has to be finished six months after signing the contract.

I had an idea to see how far AOO and LO are from these requirements.
Would not it be better to invest a large portion of the money, that
would be spent for purchase of MS Office, into adding functionality to
the AOO or LO .

We are sick and tired of guys from Polish MS division, who only drink
coffee and take money for very expensive software.
To make things even more funny, most of the money for this (and other
similar auctions) comes from EU donations.

We must meet all the requirements of the tender i.e. Using mail merge in
Draw.
It's just one of the terms that there has to be such functionality , and
what it will do, and what not , it's not important right now

This is due to the "requirements for the module for creating the printed
material" - it means MS Publisher .

"Software for creating printed material must offer the following options:

a) Editing the individual pages of publication.

b ) Dividing the content into columns.

c) Saving the publications in PDF and TIFF formats.

d) Printing the publication.

e) Adding graphics, pictures.

f) Creating and editing printed informational material .

g ) Preparing publications using the built- in templates : brochures,
newsletters , catalogs .

h ) Using the mail merge mechanism

i) Smooth shifting elements throughout the page.

j) Preparation of materials for printing in CMYK ."

Regards,
Jakub