Please regenerate api.libreoffice.org from libreoffice-4-1 branch

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Wed Sep 11 08:04:01 PDT 2013

On 09/09/13 10:38, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 08:41:08AM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> On 09/04/2013 11:56 PM, Andras Timar wrote:
>
>> Also, it occurs to me that we should give the SDK version number
>> also on the main <http://api.libreoffice.org/> page, to avoid
>> confusion.  I'll look into the odk/ sources from which it is
>> generated.
>
> Actually, it could make sense to document the API available in each
> version, that is, have something like:
>
> http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/3.3/idl/
> http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/3.6/idl/
> http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/4.0/idl/
> http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/4.1/idl/
> http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/4.2/idl/
> http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/current/idl/
>
> Ditto for doc/cpp, etc. Since we are breaking ~all deep links anyway,
> now is as good a time as ever to switch to such a scheme.

i'm not convinced it's a good idea - it would only make a difference for
incompatible changes, since the compatible changes would be annotated
with @since tags anyway.  and incompatible changes ought to be rare; i'm
hoping we won't do these every release.

but maybe putting in a link somewhere to the API Changes section of the
release notes would help?