Looking for the solution for Bug 43340

Jan Holesovsky kendy at collabora.com
Tue Sep 24 00:03:31 PDT 2013

Hi Liang,

Liang Weike píše v Po 23. 09. 2013 v 09:13 +0800:

> When I used the previous libreoffice(3.3, 3.4, etc.) I found the caret
> disappeared when inserting a new slide via slide button in the
> toolbar. But after I used LO from the version 4.0.1.2 I found the bug
> did not appear any more. This bug only exists on Windows platform and
> it doesn't exist on Linux platform. I also found its number(43340) on
> LO Bugzilla. I'm interested in the solution code for the bug. So is
> there anybody who knows the patch for this bug or knows where the
> corresponding code is? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately I don't know what might have fixed that; maybe you'll get
a better advice, but if not, you can at least use git bisect to find out
what fixed that.

First of all, install the 4.0 alphas / betas to see if it was fixed
between the first 4.0 builds - if yes, it limits the time when it was
fixed.  If not, at least the bug says that 3.6.6.2 still had the
problem; in other words, try to limit the versions where the problem
disappeared.

And then git bisect; there are descriptions on the web how to do that,
eg.

http://alblue.bandlem.com/2011/07/git-tip-of-week-git-bisect.html

Unfortunately it will mean a few rebuilds - but should point you the
commit quite reliably when you are bisecting ~recent code.

Hope that helps,
Kendy