OLE object programming

Shraddha Gujarathi shraddhagujarathi27 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 04:28:34 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am inserting OLE object in Libreoffice but instead of icon I can see the
file content, how can I add icon to OLE object???
steps :
1. Open LibreOffice calc goto Insert/Object/OLE Object
2. Select 'Create from File.' option attach a file (.pdf, .doc, .xls) link
to file

I need to add icon to OLE objet in Libreoffice by code.
I am using ubuntu 12.04 and i have installed SDK for Libreoffice and taken
the source code from
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/?type=src&version=4.1.0

I gone through the source code i found a module embeddedobj which handles
embedding and linking of OLE objects but i have no idea how can we add our
own feature
I am new to LibreOffice development, can you guide for programming in
OLE......
what IDE i can use or is it like i need to add extensions, if yes then
how???
or i have to use UNO??? how can i use it??? what are the steps to do
programming???

your help is appreciated.
Thanks & regards

--