Locale mixup on master (Hebrew is recognized as Hindi)

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 01:57:52 PDT 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM, Eike Rathke <erack at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Lior,
> On Friday, 2013-09-27 00:06:46 +0200, Eike Rathke wrote:
>> > I've noticed a locale mixup on master when starting LibreOffice from the
>> > command line with export LC_ALL=he_IL.UTF-8.
>> Yes, I noticed some quirk in locale selection as well, I'll investigate.
>> It looks like in a localized UI (not en-US) the paired strings of the
>> language list are shifted by an offset of one and display something
>> different than the actual locale. This may be related to a pair being
>> inserted to the original en-US .src file that does not have
>> a translation yet and thus is missing.
> Commit bcfb5f0e9b659d16b72fe0add599dd8ec1a7c098 fixes the symptom.
> However, the .po / rsc combo (don't know yet which is the cause) should
> handle the case of a non-translated entry and use en-US instead.

Fortunately Tamas Zolnai was around in Milan, and he remembered where
the root of the issue could be, and it was there, indeed. Fixed by

Thanks for the bug report.


More information about the LibreOffice mailing list