About parts in ODatabaseMetaData.cxx (connectivy module/odbc part)

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Fri Apr 4 06:55:18 PDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 01:28:24PM -0700, julien2412 [via Document Foundation Mail Archive] wrote:

> Also, I noticed in this same file:
>    1252 sal_Int32 SAL_CALL
> ODatabaseMetaData::getDefaultTransactionIsolation(  ) throw(SQLException,
> RuntimeException, std::exception)
>    1253 {
>    1254     SQLUINTEGER nValue;
>    1255
> OTools::GetInfo(m_pConnection,m_aConnectionHandle,SQL_SUBQUERIES,nValue,*this);
>    1256     return nValue;
>    1257 }

> Searching about getDefaultTransactionIsolation, I found
> SQL_DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION. But this attribute isn't in sqlext.h but in
> isqlext.h (see
> http://sourcecodebrowser.com/unixodbc/2.2.11/nn_2isqlext_8h.html)
> Nevertheless, looking the number of locations where sqlext.h is used in LO,
> I wonder what impact would be including isqlext.h
> Still, the above code with SQL_SUBQUERIES seems weird.

Why would there be any problem in including isqlext.h? Just do it...

Yes, the above call with SQL_SUBQUERIES looks obviously wrong, and
needs to be replaced by SQL_DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION + translating from
ODBC constants (SQL_TXN_READ_UNCOMMITTED, SQL_TXN_READ_COMMITTED,
SQL_TXN_REPEATABLE_READ, SQL_TXN_SERIALIZABLE) to SDBC constants
(com::sun::star::sdbc::TransactionIsolation).

--
Lionel