Help on Debian packaging for pt-BR

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Sat Apr 5 07:38:32 PDT 2014

Hi.

On Sat, Apr 05, 2014 at 10:58:52AM -0300, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> Unlike Hungarian and other few languages with Lightproof
> implementations, LibreOffice pt-BR Lightproof does not have a Debian
> package of its own and the Debian & derivatives don't offer it to their
> users.

True.

> However, TDF official packaging has it in this archive:
> libreoffice4.2-dict-pt-br_4.2.2.1-1_amd64.deb.

Yeah, and we package the stuff out of lightproof itself.
(http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/lightproof/)

Not from LO.

I'd vote for getting this stuff into lightproof properly and then it'll
be packaged. Packaging it out of LO should only be last resort (but can
be done, yes, preferable as an extra source package, though, like
from libreoffice-dictionaries)

Regards,

Rene