OutputDevice code reorganization

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at collabora.com
Tue Apr 15 16:08:32 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-15 at 18:56 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-04-16 at 00:22 +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> > Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> > > My only request is that the move be done in such a way that git knows
> > > the files have been moved (in a single commit), rather than the old
> > > files removed and new one added.
> > >
> > That is, for all intents and purposes, not going to work here, when
> > methods are mixed and matched differently.
>
> Oh, I thought he was just relocating the methods.  Maybe I
> mis-understood what he's doing.

FWIW, from my own experience, I've done a fair amount of large scale
reorganization in the past, and even if "methods are mixed and matched
differently", with careful commit strategy you can stil maintain lineage
of commit history.  So, I wouldn't dismiss it right from the start.

Anyway, ultimately it's all up to Chris since (as Norbert said) he's the
one making this all happen.  Mine was nothing more than just a humble
request.