[Libreoffice-qa] bibisect suggestion (was: QA Meeting Minutes - 2014-04-21)

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Apr 21 14:57:18 PDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 05:43:43PM -0400, Terrence Enger wrote:
> From the QA meeting minutes:
>
> > (*) SUGGESTION: Standardization of our summary field for Bugzilla
> >     (*) Or: When searching for one phrase, display results from a
> <     similar one (e.g. "image" -> "picture" or "graphic")

Hmm, Im uncertain as to what the goal is here and if its reachable.
- Reporters (end users) will most likely ignore an attempt at using a
  standardized vocabulary
- Triagers will most likely have a good grip on all the words used for one
  topic and might even derive additional information from the nuances (as
  Terrence shows here ;) )
- Ultimately: Who should be the consumer of these queries/standardisation? How
  does it help devs to address the impportant and urgent bugs quicker?

Best,

Bjoern