opinion on SimpleProgramDebugger as a LibO debug tool

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Thu Apr 24 04:44:10 PDT 2014

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 08:39:19 +0200, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at collabora.co.uk>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 05:08:29PM +0200, Tommy <barta at quipo.it> wrote:
>> I stumbled upon this freeware application and I wonder if it may
>> help doing backtraces or profiling under Window.
>>
>> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/simple_program_debugger.html
>>
>> unfortunately I have no experience to judge if the output of this
>> software may be useful or not for QA and developers.
>>
>> so, please, give it a try and report if useful or useless.
>

> ... snip ...
> I understand if -- for QA purposes, when you don't set up a build
> environment -- other debuggers are useful, for a developer, the VS
> debugger is already there, so there is little point in experimenting
> with other debuggers.
> Miklos

I'll try to be clearer: is this SimpleProgramDebugger a Windows
alternative to Valgrind or other Linux tools that people use to do
profiling, backtraces etc. etc. ?

I have no experience at all with Linux and I don't have enough spare time
to learn it, so I wonder if this Windows tool may be used by Windows users
like me to obtain the same results as Linux users do with Valgrind.

if yes,  will the developers be able to interpret SimpleProgramDebugger's
output like they already do with Valgrind?