debug libreoffice for the first time: soffice.bin...(no debugging symbols found)...done.

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at collabora.com
Tue Apr 29 13:26:16 PDT 2014

On Tuesday 29 of April 2014, Marco Borra wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to debug libreoffice for the first time
> I followed the instructions on the wiki.
>
> ./autogen.sh --enable-dbgutil --without-java --without-help
> --without-myspell-dicts --without-doxygen --with-parallelism=2
> CFLAGS='-O0 -g0' CXXFLAGS='-O0 -g0' make
>
> From ddd:
> Open Program > /home/marco/libreoffice/instdir/program/soffice.bin
>
> (gdb) file /home/marco/libreoffice/instdir/program/soffice.bin
> Reading symbols from
> /home/marco/libreoffice/instdir/program/soffice.bin...(no debugging symbols
> found)...done.
> (gdb)
>
> What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

 You followed a tip that said the build will be faster if you disabled
optimizations and debug info, and now you want to debug without debug info,
which doesn't work. Do not use those C(XX)FLAGS you used (and I'll remove
that from the wiki, it was apparently a bad idea to have it there).

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at collabora.com