How to build an old version of LibO

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 30 05:34:49 PDT 2014

Hi Laurent,

> Bjoern Michaelsen wrote
>> What do:
>>
>>> git log -1
>
> It returns the commit where I wanted to return.

and that would be what commit?

> [...]
> However About box when I launch libo returns
> Version: 4.3.0.0.alpha1+
> Build ID: c6c286f14468d341f5fd88edc39a37175a1b6caa

That commit's configure.ac shows 4.3.0.0.alpha1+ version - so that
then is expected.
The commit wasn't selected from 4-2 branch

Looking at that commit's date (4 days ago) also confirms this.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?h=c6c286f14468d341f5fd88edc39a37175a1b6caa
is from end of april 2014, not from october 2013.

So remember that LO just passes control to running instance, so when
you have 4.3 alpha+ running, and then launch 4.2 dev, it will still
just reuse 4.3

ciao
Christian