[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: 7 commits - chart2/source extensions/source hwpfilter/source l10ntools/source sal/osl unoidl/source

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Tue Aug 5 04:44:11 PDT 2014

On 05/08/14 08:33, Stephan Bergmann wrote:

> Anyway, somehow any discussion about formatting quickly diverts into
> bikeshedding ("this is /so/ lucid!" "no it isn't!" "yes it is!").  So
> all I would like to repeat is my humble plea to refrain from
> reformatting commits, for the sake of a less cluttered git history.

At the risk of sparking off that bikeshedding war, is there an option in
git that allows us to format everything according to a standard rule as
it is committed? And then if individuals don't like that style, to
reformat it to the individual's style on checkout?

I seem to remember at least one git based project (possibly git itself,
or lilypond) that does exactly that.

I know - layout can be a very personal thing ... :-)

Cheers,
Wol